|Mission of the Crisis Intervention Unit|
What is a Crisis?
Contacts in the Community
- On-scene assistance at a crime or accident scene 24 hours per day
- Support for victims at Emergency Room and residence
- Referral of victims to appropriate area agencies for housing, medical,
transportation, food, utilities, clothing, and follow-up
- Inform victims of their rights and help them complete Crime Victim
Compensation form if appropriate
- Liaison between victim and law enforcement on status of case
- Office maintained for walk-in victims at Tom Green County Sheriff's
- Transport of victims to Family Shelter, Salvation Army, etc.
- Cell phones for victims to dial 911
- Assist officer in death notification and help survivor cope with trauma
- Limited funds for victim assistance (emergency shelter, transportation,